Version 0.32.32 - Difficulty Curve Adjustments
This past week we gathered feedback from players regarding the increased difficulty of the game, especially for newer players, since the Enemies 2.0 update. We agreed there was quite a bit we could do to alleviate the steepness of the learning curve and have made some changes in today's patch. Enemies 2.0 introduced dynamic waves, which, like any procedurally generated system, is famously difficult to tune. I'm sure it will take some time to get it just right, but I'm confident that today's changes are a step in the right direction.
* We tuned the exp curve to be slightly more like to the old one, which means a few more level ups during early game. I believe this small change makes quite a big difference to the new-player experience, which can be a bit exp starved due to the relatively low enemy quantity.
* Many of the more dangerous things that dynamic waves does are now gated behind the Challenge Mode: Elite Enemy, instead of being in the "core" experience.
* The new enemies introduced in Enemies 2.0, which tend to be tougher and more dangerous, are also introduced later if the Elite Enemy Challenge Mode is not turned on.
* Several of the more dangerous enemies introduced in the previous update have had their difficulty tuned in such a way that allows slower and less "glass-cannon" builds to deal with them.
* Many other small changes have been made to enemies that tend to be dangerous to new players, for instance, enemies that attack using beam weapons are now easier to escape.
Thanks for your patience as we continue to refine the game and approach release. We'll keep working to ensure that Nova Drift has something for everybody!
Get Nova Drift
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.