Is there a list of in-game enemy names and types anywhere?
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Nova Drift distills the mechanical depth of an action RPG into classic arcade space combat. Control an endlessly evolving bio-mechanical ship, face legions of strange and deadly foes, and ride the wake of a dying star across the void.
Your ship rapidly evolves as you defeat enemies, allowing you to shape its abilities and weaponry to your desires in a matter of minutes. Unlike many action-RPGs which can absorb hundreds of hours of time, Nova Drift allows you to take a ship build from inception to execution in a single game session.
- Create a unique build every run. Games are quick, allowing for rapid experimentation, iteration, and advancement.
- Cunning and creativity are rewarded as you chain upgrade modules for powerful synergies.
- Access over 120 weapons and mods as you progress and expand your arsenal.
- Build to play how you want. Snipe, command a drone army, discharge your shields, charge up, burn enemies with your thrusters, or smash right through them... there's a way to make it work.
- Unlock modular challenge modes, providing greater risk and rewards. The stakes are high, as death is permanent!
- Every game is randomly generated, keeping the fight intense and unpredictable. Fight through the campaign or play endlessly.
Nova Drift is a living game. Frequent updates will continue to expand the depth and content of the game world.
- MAYHEM - New Super Mods, Body Gear + Game Mode
- VIRULENCE - New Super Mods, Weapon, Shield + Body Gear
- Weapon Gear: Thermal Lance
- Weapon Mutations: each weapon type will have 1-2 variations
- New Challenge Mode: Wild Metamorphosis - extremely rare mods that have a variety of powerful and/or bizarre effects
Mods & Gear can be unlocked, upgraded and combined to make unexpected and powerful combinations:
Example Build #1: Seeking Cluster Grenade
Grenade + Body: Assault + High Explosive + Splinter Shot + Heat Seeking + Charged Shot
This build focuses on creating as many grenade splinters as possible using the Grenade weapon and sends them tearing toward targets using the Heat Seeking mod. The overlapping blasts from the initial explosion add up to a huge amount of damage at the epicenter, while the seeking clusters handle crowd control.
Example Build #2: Celestial Shield-Bomber
Hullbreaker + Amp Shield + Volatile Shields + Flash Shielding + Emergency Systems + Celestial Lance
This build takes advantage of the Hullbreaker's speed and resilience to crash damage to slam directly into enemies. The fragile Amp Shield is used not for defense, but to augment Hullbreaker's strongest aspects, gaining increased speed and force. The shield will break on impact, but we can capitalize on that using the Volatile Shields mod, which detonates the shield when it goes down, blasting all nearby enemies. Flash Shielding gets it running again quickly while Emergency Systems grant a moment of damage immunity, making charge attacks safer. Finally, Celestial Lance is used to deal burning damage to everything around the ship at high velocities!
Nova Drift is developed by Jeffrey Nielson of Chimeric, a 1-man development team, featuring music and audio by Miles Tilmann of Pixeljam Games.
Chimeric is dedicated to creating light, streamlined games with an emphasis on deep, mechanical interaction and player agency.
We love player input and collaboration, and welcome any ideas or feedback you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on TWITTER.
Join the DISCORD community and suggest features, report bugs or just hang out and talk strategy!
MAC USERS: you may have to place the game in the Applications directory for it to launch correctly.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- -Version 0.21.10 is Live-31 days ago
- The VIRULENCE Update Is Live45 days ago
- Second Major Update Is Live - New Engine, New Balance, Paving The Way For New Co...72 days ago
- The first major update is live! Quality-of-life / game balance / drone AI improv...99 days ago
- Nova Drift Is Live!Mar 28, 2019
- New Dev Blog Article: 2018 Year In ReviewFeb 12, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Any plans on rolling out Linux support?
Im having a problem as when I tab out I cant re-enter the came and have to force close it and start over
Hey, just bought this and it looks like a lot of fun! I'm having trouble with the control scheme, though. I can map the buttons for my Xbox 360 controller, but it doesn't respond to either of the sticks, so I can't aim or steer--just shoot and thrust forward.
Ah, I figured it out--I had to turn off the mouse control scheme. The ship was orienting to the mouse cursor regardless of my gamepad input.
I think I would prefer a more twin-stick-shooter style control scheme than we've got (map right stick as if it were the mouse cursor orbiting the player, map left stick to 8-directional strafe/brake), but at least this is playable!
Wow. This seems like a game I need to buy! Reminds me of a prototype I did called "Galacticum" but muuuuch more polished.
i keep checking if...
like, really can't wait
I'll be honest, I went in not expecting much and was pretty floored by how fun the whole thing was. While you might be at the mercy of rng a tiny bit at the beginning, the sheer number of upgrades you get allows you to create any build you want really quickly and it's so satisfying! I might need to turn down the effects a bit next time because that energy lattice can get crazy....